Validating data from Bluemix Painter on IBM IoTF ?

Ask, and ye shall receive.
kiranshashiny

Validating data from Bluemix Painter on IBM IoTF ?

Postby kiranshashiny » 18:09, 19 Feb 2016

i want to send a command from my Android phone -> to Bluemix -> to Raspberry pi.
The commands will be ON / Off led and I followed the sample code as well as the instructions in this wiki.
https://evothings.com/evothings-does-mqtt-with-bluemix/

It is a great wiki and has good lot of information.

I have an account with IBM Bluemix and created a service, but when I connect to the Bluemix -I was hoping to see a connection on Bluemix Launch Dashboard console - I don't see it.

However the Evothings workbench reports it is connected to the IoTF. The Publish ( I m sending a sample JSON value ) goes thru( as seen on the tools debug console), the subscribe() in the painter Evothings code receives it -BUT the IBM Blue mix portal does NOT indicate that the connection happened.

So, my question was - at the time of your development - did you validate or see some visual data on Bluemix IoTF - somewhere that the Evothings Android APP did in fact connect and send data to IoTF and if so - how did you validate it.

Thanks,
Shashi
BTW: i like the Workbench and it is easy to use and pretty fast - I like the tools that go with it as well and the most valuable automation is that the Workbench immediately notices that I changed the code and loads it- instantly - Good work. ..

kiranshashiny

Re: Validating data from Bluemix Painter on IBM IoTF ?

Postby kiranshashiny » 18:15, 19 Feb 2016

I forgot to add 'I have a IoTF service ( that I picked up from under the CATALOG) of the Bluemix. I have a raspberry Pi - device that I created and I can send data from RPi to Bluemix IoTF and it works - I was wondering if this Android phone also has something similar that I have to do in Bluemix IoTF.

Return to “Questions and answers”