Client and workbench loses connection

Ask, and ye shall receive.
andersjj

Client and workbench loses connection

Postby andersjj » 17:51, 19 Nov 2015

Been using the workbench for a while the past month or so and it usually works great.

Once in a while, it seems to loose the connection after the app starts. This is what I do and what I'm seeing.

1) Log into workbench
2) Start up mobile viewer, get the login buttons so I'm pretty sure it's connected at this point
3) Hit run button on the app I want to and then it runs fine on the mobile device
4) When I change code, it doesn't update at all on the mobile client. If I stop and restart the mobile client, I can see my code changes, but it just doesn't reload the app automatically. I also don't see any of the hyper.log statements either.

I've rebooted my mac and restarted the phone and the viewer app and still get the same behavior. I'm on the same wifi point on both the mac and the phone.

Any ideas?

andersjj

Re: Client and workbench loses connection

Postby andersjj » 18:12, 19 Nov 2015

I found the problem. I was modifying some of the code and something I must have done broke the connection. I removed an include from the index.html that I was working on and it started working ok then. The problem was between the chair and the keyboard, as I like to say. ;)

Return to “Questions and answers”