Problem building custom Evothings client

Ask, and ye shall receive.
peruho

Problem building custom Evothings client

Postby peruho » 06:16, 21 Sep 2015

I'm trying to build a custom Evothings client on iOS, to include a Cordova plugin on it, following the instructions in this post: https://evothings.com/using-extra-cordova-plugins-with-evothings-studio/

After follow the steps and and try to build the app using 'ruby workfile.rb c ios' the app is built but never installed. Everything looks ok, no error messages during the build. But it doesn't install it on the device.

If I try to install the app from the file that has been created inside evothings-client/platforms/ios/build/emulator using the Xcode devices panel, I got the follow message: "App Installation failed. No code signature found"

I try to find any post related to this in the forum, but couldn't find anything.
Any clue about what is happening? Looks like I should be able to install directly the app on the device, right?
Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Fredrik
Site Admin

Re: Problem building custom Evothings client

Postby Fredrik » 13:21, 22 Sep 2015

The workfile cannot install the client on iOS devices. Using xcode is the correct method.

"No code signature found" indicates that xcode has no iOS developer certificate available. If you haven't already, you'll need to buy one from Apple. They cost $99 per year.

I'd also like to mention that Android development is gratis, and the workfile can install the client directly ("ruby workfile.rb android i"). ;)

Return to “Questions and answers”