How to set EvothingsWorkbench monitoring location

Ask, and ye shall receive.
windrago

How to set EvothingsWorkbench monitoring location

Postby windrago » 22:18, 29 Nov 2014

Very likely I am using the improper jargon, I will try to explain myself at the best that I can:

I am on a mac. I have launched and played with the examples. Love it!
Now I want to develop my first sample and I don't see to understand where should I drop the files to allow Evo to detect the changes and shot them to the client.
Where's the config file to set that up?

I am assuming if I drop in the example folder somehow it will work but I don't want to do that.
Any help is appreciated.
thx!
;mE

windrago

Re: How to set EvothingsWorkbench monitoring location

Postby windrago » 00:20, 30 Nov 2014

answering my own question to benefit somebody else in future:

the answer is here:
http://evothings.com/doc/build/cordova- ... rEvothings

Specifically: you can keep you project whatever you want as long as:
- you project is built with Cordova (cordova create myTag com.example.myTag myTag
- workbench is running
- then change the config.xml file (look for <content) and set the ip address that you see at the bottom of the workbench.

micke

Re: How to set EvothingsWorkbench monitoring location

Postby micke » 18:18, 04 Dec 2014

Thanks for sharing!

Great that you found the documentation on how to set up a Cordova project for use with Evothings Workbench.

Just to make clear also to others reading this thread: They way you add apps to the Workbench is by dragging and dropping the main HTML file (typically index.html) to the "project list" in the Workbench. You can also rearrange items in the project project list by drag and drop, and delete them using the small x-icon. This is not very clear in the documentation, would be great to have a visual guide for this, will look into that.

As long as the plugins you are using is supported by Evothings Client, there is no need to make your own Cordova project when you are developing apps. Scanning for the Workbench is handy when using Evothings Client. The list of supported plugins is found here: http://evothings.com/doc/studio/mobile- ... tedPlugins

Just let me know if need help with anything.

Best regards, Mikael

Return to “Questions and answers”