Bean Connected but No LED / Temp

Ask, and ye shall receive.
rodferris

Bean Connected but No LED / Temp

Postby rodferris » 18:58, 10 Feb 2015

Hi Guys,

I was going through your blog post about the Bean/EvoThings and I have an Android 4.4 Tab4 to connect to my Bean that was already an iBeacon but I wasn't able to see any Temp or LED. It did have it's named changed and I saw that it may be a problem but you didn't really mention how to troubleshoot the issue other than restarting the app which I tried. Any other ideas to try to get that info? I'd also like to turn it into a web server updating service. Basically send the data on an interval and when the accelerometer reaches a threshold to send the notification to the server. Any ideas where to start there? I'll happily post my project over at the beantalk forum upon completion. There are several users looking for the same setup.

Thanks,
Rod

ardiri

Re: Bean Connected but No LED / Temp

Postby ardiri » 12:18, 18 Feb 2015

have you checked to see if there is any information broadcast by the iBeacon using a scanning tool?

it could be that when you make the bean an iBeacon that the other information isn't broadcasted or available anymore. if it is; then there is probably a set of characteristics; traditionally the lightblue bean was for Arduino sketches in which there is API's to obtain such information. when the bean is converted to an iBeacon; this functionality may no longer be available.

https://punchthrough.com/bean/the-arduino-reference/

these are the arduino specific reference documentation - it may make sense to ask the question on their forums to see if this information is in fact available when the device is in an iBeacon state.
// Aaron
Chief Technology Officer
Evothings AB http://www.evothings.com/

rodferris

Postby rodferris » 16:30, 19 Feb 2015

Thanks for your reply, I think I tried that tool and I couldn't discover the Bean with the Android, I didn't try it with my iPad though. I'll troubleshoot some more and let you know if I'm successful.

Thanks

alby

Postby alby » 18:06, 08 May 2015

Hi @rodferris - did you get any further with this? I'm trying to connect to my Bean through the Evothings app on android but am coming up against a brick wall. The devices won't recognise the bean advertising... any ideas? Thanks!

hillmen96

Postby hillmen96 » 01:03, 14 Dec 2015

any advancement on this issue? I'm having the same issue with receiving a reading for temperature and the LED's but I'm able to connect to the bean from the app.

Return to “Questions and answers”