Project Question

Discuss mobile apps for Texas Instruments products.
tucker2

Project Question

Postby tucker2 » 07:02, 15 May 2015

Hi Evothings,

I've got an interesting project that i'm working on and need some assistance

I am a veterinary student (with little computer science knowledge), but want to design a system that records numbers of tail lifts of a horse. I want the system to then report number of tail lifts to the user upon close arrival to the horse/recording device.

To reiterate with an example the things I would like to do:

I would attach the sensor to the horse's tail in the morning. (Let's say the horse raised it's tail 20 times during the day.) I would approach the horse at night and my iPhone would say, "This horse has lifted it's tail 20 times today."

I have bought a sensortag from TI to do the sensing with the accelerometer feature. Can the sensortag store data to then send when the user arrives? or does that require another device? I haven't found anything that suggests it can store any data.

Is this possible? any suggestions are appreciated... am I on the wrong path approaching this project?

Sorry for the newb questions and thanks in advance,
--Tucker

Fredrik
Site Admin

Re: Project Question

Postby Fredrik » 09:50, 18 May 2015

The SensorTag hardware does have data storage capacity, but doesn't normally use it. Using it would require writing custom firmware, a difficult task. You'd need to ask TI for help with that.

tucker2

Re: Project Question

Postby tucker2 » 00:16, 20 May 2015

thanks

Return to “Texas Instruments”