This post refers to features no longer supported
We no longer maintain the Cordova plugin for Estimote Beacons. We recommend using the generic iBeacon plugin instead, which works nicely with Estimote Beacons. Please see the iBeacon Starter Guide for further details.
Here is what you do, to be up and running in five minutes:
- Get a set of Estimote Beacons
- Download and install Evothings Studio
- Get the free Evothings Viewer app from Apple’s App Store or Google Play
- Launch Evothings Workbench on your computer and get a connect key
- Launch Evothings Viewer on your mobile phone(s) and connect to the Workbench by entering the connect key
- Locate the example app “Estimote Beacons” in the Workbench project list
- Click RUN
Now the fun begins!
- Click COPY to make your own app
- Press RUN on the copy to activate live reload
- Click CODE to view the source files
Open a code file in your favorite text editor, make some changes. Press Save. The app reloads and displays your updates right on your mobile device.
Yes, it is that easy. Go and get Evothings Studio now – it is quick and fun to get up and running!