Evothings support for BLE
Evothings Studio comes with support for BLE out-of-the-box. There are two main software components for BLE:
- The EasyBLE library which is a high-level library for coding BLE apps in JS. EasyBLE is an add-on library available on GitHub: easyble.dist.js
The Cordova BLE plugin
This plugin is ready to use in a Cordova application and comes pre-installed with Evothings Viewer. Resources:
The EasyBLE library
EasyBLE is a library written on top of the Cordova BLE plugin, which provides high-level functions for scanning, connecting, reading and writing BLE devices.
How to get started
Read the tutorial How to connect to BLE devices to get an introduction to the EasyBLE API.
You can also install the BLE plugin in a custom Cordova app, add the plugin with this command:
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-ble
To use EasyBLE, download the file easyble.dist.js and include it in index.html:
Documentation and links
- BLE plugin home page on GitHub
- BLE plugin API documentation
- EasyBLE documentation
- EasyBLE download: easyble.dist.js
- EasyBLE tutorial: How to connect to BLE devices
- BLE Starter Guide
Call to action
With Evothings Studio it is easy to get started with developing mobile apps for Bluetooth Low Energy and the Internet of Things!