In this tutorial you will learn about the Ionic Framework, and how to use Evothings Studio for rapid development of IoT apps running on modern smartphones. When we develop HTML5-based mobile apps, we can either roll our own code or choose between a number HTML frameworks and libraries, high-level libraries offering easier develop mobile-optimized user interfaces and native-like functionality.
Evothings Studio is as you probably know by now, built to rapidly create and prototype IoT apps. It allows you to develop and run a basic app in under 5 minutes time. It’s easy to use and saves you from doing lengthy package installations. When we combine the powerful SDK of Ionic Framework with Evothings Studio, we get an environment which is seriously built for developing performance-focused mobile apps.
Using Ionic Framework with Evothings Studio
Start by downloading (or cloning) the Ionic App Base from its Github repository. Once downloaded, just save the app to your favourite work directory on your computer and follow these basic steps:
- Download Evothings Workbench (if you haven’t already)
- Download Evothings Client app (from Android, iOS app stores)
- Connect Evothings Workbench with Evothings Viewer app by following the in-app instructions
- Go to Ionic App Base directory and drag the “index.html” file to Evothings Workbench, which will create a new project entry
- Click “Run” button alongside the Ionic App Base project, that will load the app into your Evothings Client
- Open “index.html” of Ionic App Base in your favourite code editor to make a change, the Evothings Studio will immediately reflect the change in Evothings Client
Get more examples and tutorials under evothings.com/developer, happy coding!