MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681
This example shows you how to build an application that lets you contrle the leds on the MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 development board using TCP-sockets.
You can browse the source code for this example at the Evothings GitHub repository
The file index.html contains the HTML markup of the app and the buisness logic is placed in the app.js
The patch that you need to apply to the SDK fetched from MediaTek can be found here.
What you need
This example runs in Evothings Viewer on Android or iOS.
You need an iOS or Android device as well as a LinkIt Connect 7681 from MediaTek.
You also need a computer running Microsoft Windows or Ubuntu.
How to get up and running
Follow these steps to get started with this example:
- Install the software development kit (1.71) provided by MediaTek, how to do that can be found in their Developer's guide.
- Copy the Evothings-MediaTek-Connect-7681-TCP-Led.patch to the path and execute the following command: patch -p1 < Evothings-MediaTek-Connect-7681-TCP-Led.patch
- Open the file cust/iot_custom.c and find the function IoT_Cust_SM_Smnt(). Change the Ssid variable to the name of your network and the Passphrase to the password of named network.
- Open a serial connection to the board and note the IP address och the board.
- Run Evothings Workbench on your computer.
- Connect to the Workbench from Evothings Viewer.
- Run the "MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681" example from the Workbench window.
- Connect to your development board using the IP address noted in previous step.